IGDA GameDev – Come And Build The Next Drag Racing!
From Pong to Doom to World of Warcraft to Drag Racing, video games have brought entertainment and excitement to people for more than 40 years. Have you ever thought how awesome it would be to create your own computer game, go down in history books and bring fun to millions of people across the globe?
Well, here’s your chance. IGDA Estonia is organizing the first ever gaming hackathon in Estonia – IGDA GameDev. Over the course of the weekend, you will have the chance to team up with other gaming fanatics to build a completely new video game under the guidance of internationally experienced gaming experts.
Meet the mentors!
- Eric Seufert Head of Marketing at Wooga
- Rene Rebane Senior UX architect at Trinidad Consulting
- Jarrod Epps Founder & CEO at CashPlay.Co
- Tarvo Topolev Business Development Manager at Fortumo Ltd.
- Kadri Ugand Partner at GameFounders
- Alexey Sazonov Mobile Games Licensing and Marketing at HeroCraft
- Ville Heijari General Manager of Europe at PlayHaven
- Siim Puskai
- Andrei Korobeinik entrepreneur, investor, MP
- Vladimir Funtikov Co-founder of Creative Mobile
- Sonja Ängeslevä Blackberry/ IGDA Finland
- Timo Herttua Senior Product Manager, Rovio Cloud Services
- Ari Kuokka, Marketing Manager at Grand Cru Games
- Edvin Aedma, CEO & game design teacher
In addition to eternal glory, we have some fantastic prizes for participants as well – including a free pass into the GameFounders accelerator. Fortumo will provide support for games built on Android, helping teams distribute their games to over 30 app stores globally.
Anyone interested in development, design, marketing and business development are welcome to join. No limits or regulations on the genre, platform or OS of the game.
Friday, September 20th @1PM: forming of teams, event kick-off
Friday-Sunday: workshops (Wooga, Trinidad Consulting, Fortumo, Playhaven, Cashplay, GameFounders, Teleglitch) and developing your game
Sunday, September 22nd @2PM: teams present their games, announcing winners, end of hackathon
The event takes place at Tallinn Polytechnic School. Detailed schedule TBA.
Registration open at Amiando.
Tutorial - Online Event Management with the ticketing solution from amiando
The event is sponsored by GameFounders, Fortumo, Creative Mobile and Cashplay. The event’s media partners are TV3 and PocketGamer.biz The event is funded from the European Social Fund's entrepreneurship awareness program.
If you are interested in the GameDev, you might also enjoy:
IGDA Estonia GameCon
September 19, 2013 at 1PM at Tallinn Polytechnic School
A free mini-conference with an outstanding panel of industry veterans.
Pocketgamer Mobile Mixer
September 19, 6PM at Hell Hunt
A Pocketgamer event sponsored by Creative Mobile